When you’ve got a little time on your hands (and let’s face it, we’ve all got a bit of that at the moment) – a bit of baking can bring a lot of joy! Here’s my easy Oat Cookie Recipe for you guys.
- 200g oats
- 1 heaped tablespoon buckwheat flour
- 70g ground almonds
- 2 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons honey or maple
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- Grated orange zest & juice of half an orange
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 40g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 180c, fan setting.
2. Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix
3. Add in the honey, egg, almond milk and melted coconut oil and mix until well combined.
4. Finally, add in the chocolate chips and mix through.
5. Scoop out balls (wahey!) of the mixture and roll them into ball shapes using your hands.
6. Place the balls(Oi Oi) on a lined baking tray and push down a little to form a cookie shape.
7) Bake for 15 minutes until golden, then remove from the oven and leave to cool