A quick bean stew is always on my rotation on favourite nutritious foods. And this one may be the quickest one in the world! Perfect for those of you who are always busy and in a rush. Well balanced and satisfying, it really hits the spot and what’s more, you can use the left overs for a range of meals (like this build your own burrito bowl)
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 tins of beans (cannellini, butter beans, kidney beans – your choice)
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 1/2 jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Add a splash of olive oil to a pan and gently heat as you add the crushed garlic, paprika, cinnamon and red pepper
- Pour the beans into a colander, rinse them with water and then drain them before adding them in the pan. (It’s always important to rinse beans & pulses to support your digestion)
- Next drain the sun-dried tomatoes in the colander and add them to the pan with the tins of tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Allow the pan to heat for a few minutes until everything is nice and hot, then serve and enjoy!
I enjoy the stew in a bowl with some sautéed kale and broccoli. However it also works great as left overs. Here I used BFree Pitta Breads, Chopped red onion, full fat fermented greek yogurt, coriander, spinach and tomatoes – it was INCREDIBLE!